* Combine beans in a pot with water to cover by a few inches; boil for 2 minutes. Cover; let stand for 1 hour off heat. Drain, then cover with fresh water; add bay leaf and marjoram.
* Cover and simmer until barely tender.
* Drain; reserve cooking liquid.
* Heat oil in a large pot; stir in leeks and cook 4-5 minutes, until softened.
* Add curry and stir for a moment.
* Add squash and broth and bring to a boil.
* Add beans and simmer gently, partly covered, until squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
* Add salt.
* Add hanover salad and enough reserved liquid to almost cover it. Simmer until hanover salad is tender, pressing it gently into the soup as it wilts.
* Serve at once, or for maximum flavor, cool, cover and chill the soup.
Nancy and Tim Bass - Sunburst Tomato